nerd culture and gatekeeping authenticity is always just code for keeping out women and the underprivileged
There’s a great article about the hyper-white language of nerd culture by Mary Bucholtz, which was actually the first ~truly linguistic~ article I read and started me down this path from which there is NO RETURN. You can read it [here]
AHH, cynthia, this is so great! bookmarking for after work reading
That’s the fucking tardis
n o no non ono stop fucking stop no it is not the fucking tardis jesus christ no n O NO IT IS THE FUCKING PONS DE L’ORME TOWER WHICH IS PART OF MONTMAJOUR ABBEY WHICH IS THE FUCKING SUBJECT DO NOT FUCKING INTERJECT A TRANSDIMENSIONAL PHONE BOOTH INTO A NEWLY FOUND 120 YEAR OLD FUCKING VAN GOGH PAINTING STOP S TO P
Look how deep it is how does that resemble theTARDIS in any way, shape or form.
Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post: 125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
do your friends ever do something and externally you have to act fine but internally you’re a shakespearean tragedy like “WOW okay can you just like NOT. you have wronged me. my grievances against you have grown in number. i shall challenge you to DUEL and bite my thumb AT YOU SIR”